Full-Time School Clerk I
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The School Clerk I will assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with students, parents, staff and community stakeholders to create a professional, friendly, and safe office environment.
This position will be opened for a 39.6 week school year (208 days including 10 paid vacation days).
Salary and compensation will be paid according to the Chicago Teacher Union collective bargaining agreement.
* Exhibit expertise in the Oracle financial system, IMPACT student management system, Kronos and SPS payroll system, iProcurement purchasing system and IAMs internal accounts system
* Process and prepare bi-weekly payroll for all school personnel
* Issue checks and prepare money for deposits to school checking account
* Manage school use of discretionary and categorical funds and prepare fund transfers for the Department of Management and Budget as needed
* Facilitate the registration and enrollment process for families with newly enrolled or transferring students
* Create and process requisitions for the procurement of supplies, instructional materials, furniture, and equipment
* Receive and compile periodic reports involving payroll, various funds and account ledgers
* Oversee daily attendance submissions by teaching staff
* Assist with internal, state, and all other authorized audits (including audits of school budget, petty cash fund, and internal accounts records)
* Prepare and type a variety of original correspondence, memorandums, and reports as directed by the school administrators
* Perform administrative duties (answer and place phone calls, open/sort mail, greet and direct visitors to appropriate staff, etc.)
* Manage email communication, school calendars, and scheduling functions for school administrators
* Display great written and verbal communication skills, record-keeping skills, time management and organization skills, and exceptional customer service for all school stakeholders
* High school diploma (or G.E.D. equivalent)
* Type 45 words per minute with fewer than 10 errors
* Reside within the city of Chicago
* Chicago Public School experience required
* Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol screening with background check
* Able to lift up to 10 pounds (sedentary work)
* Mastery in the skill of multi-tasking several high priorities simultaneously
High School experience preferred
Bi-Lingual experience preferred (Spanish)
In order to be considered for a position or an interview, applicants must:
* Permit one or more interviews by a school leaders/selection committee
How to Apply
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR SUBMISSION
2.Letter of intent and interest
3.Documentation to support meeting the minimum qualifications
Submit all documents to
Attn: Fareeda Shabazz, Principal
Richard T. Crane Medical Preparatory High School
2245 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60612
PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
856 total views, 2 today