Temporary Data Collectors
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is seeking part-time, temporary employees to administer early childhood academic and cognitive assessments in participating programs in northern New Jersey during school hours. Training for data collectors will be two to three full days April 22-26. Data collection begins May 1 for approximately 4-5 weeks.
AIR (www.air.org), one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us.
Founded in 1946 as a not-for-profit organization, we conduct our work with strict independence, objectivity, and non-partisanship. The intellectual diversity of our 1,600 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge.
• Participate in AIR training sessions in preparation for test administration
• Administer assessments to participating students during school hours, following AIR’s protocols and specifications
• Maintain organized files and records of testing materials
• Maintain contact with AIR’s locally-based testing coordinator and other project team members in a timely and professional manner
• Be prepared to troubleshoot testing-related problems
How to Apply
• Bachelor’s degree in education, child development, psychology or related field
• Experience in schools, preschools, and/or with children; retired teachers preferred
• Must be willing to submit to background check
• Able to drive to a given school and check-ins with assessment coordinator
• Available from 8am to 1pm on at least two sequential days
• Reliable and detail oriented
• Regularly available via email and phone
• Must have own form of transportation
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, subsidized garage parking, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com?&sn=teachers.net and conduct a job title search. EOE.
1106 total views, 1 today